The purpose of this section is to assist parents or guardians with their child’s future career plans and to provide information to assist in this.
The 3 crucial things to remember
1. Listen to your child
2. Try to understand their choices
3. Encourage them as much as possible
Use Career Search to find out more about a career that interests you.
How can I help my child with their future career plan?
As a parent or guardian there is a lot that you can do to support your child and help them find the right career.
Some general tips to help encourage them:
- Talk about their career ideas and future plans
- Research a wide range of careers using our career selector.
- Think about their Year 10, 12, 13 and post 14 options in good time and be aware of the applications deadlines.
- Find out about entry requirements for school, college, university courses or jobs they are interested in.
- Help develop their skills through school activities and other interests.
- Find out about the world of work through work experience.
- Visit their local careers office where they can speak with a careers adviser.
Select your age below to find out what options are available to you.