Why is work experience important?
Work experience is extremely important, it is not just for CV boosting, but it can offer different challenges and very rewarding results.
Some tasks can be very tedious, but then this is what real working life is, not everyone has their dream job and everyone has to start somewhere! We have created a list of the top 5 reasons why work experience is important:
- Work experience helps you decide what career you would like to do. If you are stuck or unsure what career path you want to follow try and industry out is a great way to get a feel for it. There is nothing worse then going through the long interview processes for a job, being offered the job and finding 1month in you don’t like the industry. Work experience can help you decide early on in your career what industry is right for you.
- Doing work experience shows your passion, interest and commitment. Whether it is paid or unpaid if is evidence that you have gone and done some work within an industry.
- Work experience gently introduces you into the real working world. You can quickly and easily learn the dos and don’ts within the industry, even company or office. It will also give you an idea of what skills you will be required to develop.
- Work experience could even lead to a job at the end of it. You may do such a good job; enjoy it so much that they company do not want to let you go. What’s to loose then!
- And finally work experience does help to boost.
Use Career Search to find out more about a career that interests you.